Personal Injury Lawyer

The Law Office of Roy Boujaoude is here to help you

Our intake specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you. Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding hiring an attorney and personal injury law.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost to hire a Houston Personal Injury Attorney?

At the Law Office of Roy Boujaoude, we operate on a contingency fee basis.  This means we do not collect a penny unless we win your case. You should never have to pay upfront for this kind of legal representation.  We will always fight hard to protect your interests and get you the maximum recovery available in your case.

Why do I need to hire an attorney if I am injured in a car accident?

If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you deserve compensation.  You should not have to pay for their mistake. Car accident injuries can be severe, even life-threatening costing tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost wages.  An experienced Houston Car Accident Lawyer will ask for the maximum amount of damages allowed under Texas law.  If you do not hire an attorney, you may not be getting the most money available in your case.

What kind of damages am I entitled to?

In a claim for damages related to an injury caused by another person or party, you can seek economic damages and in some cases, exemplary damages.  According to statute, economic damages (also referred to as compensatory damages) are designed to compensate a person for the “actual economic or pecuniary loss.”  Exemplary damages which include punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for fraud, malice, or gross negligence.

In addition to economic and exemplary damages, a person may ask for future damages which include “(A) loss of income, wages, or earning capacity; and (B) loss of inheritance.”  Finally, a court may award noneconomic damages, including pain and suffering.

What is the first thing I should do if I am injured?

If you are injured in a car wreck, truck accident, or other collision, you need to seek medical attention immediately.  Never leave the scene of an accident without contacting 9-1-1 if there are injuries to you or another party. Building a case against a negligent or wrongful party begins with completing a thorough investigation.  You need to have a complete and accurate detail of your injury and medical treatment. Never skip medical appointments or stop treatment without being released by your doctor and speaking to a knowledgeable Houston Personal Injury Lawyer.

Should I talk to the insurance company?

If you were the victim in an accident, you will likely be contacted by the other party’s insurance company. They may try to get you to settle your claim as quickly as possible for the least amount of money.  Never accept a settlement without first having your case reviewed by an attorney.

Ready to get your case started?

Contact the Law Office of Roy Boujaoude today at (713) 690-2277 for a free case evaluation.